1. Use alt + tab to put the focus on the application
2. Goto to the menu bar and place the cursor over the application. The preview of the application should automatically pop up. If it does not alt + tab to it a second time to try and regain focus.
3. On the preview of the picture right click then click maximize.
4. The application will now maximize onto the screen it was last ran on.
5. Exit the application and then restart it.
6. The application will start maximized. On the title bar of the application, on the far right side, click on the restore icon, left of the X.
7. Your application should be back to normal.
Systems with init.d: 1. touch /forcefsck 2. reboot Systems with systemd: 1. check the current tune2fs setting sudo tune2fs -l /dev/nvme0n1p3 | grep 'Maximum mount' 2. Set tune2fs to check sudo tune2fs -c 1 /dev/nvme0n1p3 3. reboot On reboot the drive partition will be scanned 4. After loggin back in set the system back: sudo tune2fs -c -1 /dev/nvme0n1p2